Thursday 25 August 2011

supper8


Over the holiday my major influence was involving a supper 8 camera I began my investigation at the star of the holidays it was a long and tedious and expensive proses. The first thing I did was got my hands on a supper 8 camera this was an easy bit as quite a lot of places sell them like at charity shops ebay old camera shops, when I got the camera the next step was to get some film reel I found getting the film quite tricky as no places sell it and not a lot of places develop supper8 film cartridges luckily I found the place in London called the wide screen center witch sell supper 8 film and also develop the film to so I got my film of them after shooting my footage I sent my film back and got it back the week after witch I thought was surprisingly fast while it was processing in London I found an old camera shop in Manchester that has old supper 8 cameras 8mm cameras and just old cameras and luckily supper 8 projectors so I got my hands on the projector. When I ran the film through the projector it was inverted so I recorded it on my camera and imported it on the computer and inverted it to its right colors and did a couple of color tweaks and after all that I have created a short supper 8 test that I thought was a success but unfortunately as good as the finial out come is and how interesting the proses was I don’t think I could do a hole project around it because the process is to expensive and I think it is just going to go as far as a test on this one

No comments:

Post a Comment