Tuesday 30 August 2011

mask



in the past i had a go at making a mask with latex but there had some flaws like it was to small the shape was a bit dodgy and was very uncomfortable so decided to have ago for real by duplicating by face and it could be quite useful in my supper 8 idea in the way I could creating a realist Frankenstein mask or any other parts of the body
1.in this proses I first greased up my head with a bit of Vaseline so the alginate wouldn’t stick to my hairs and rip them out
2.then I mixed up the powdered alginate one part alginate one par water as it has a fast drying time i had to mix it quite fast
3. then I got my mate to poor it on my noggin it a bazar feeling I should of used slightly warmer water because it was bloody freezing
4. when it was on it dried quite fast
5. when it dried my mate added a couple layers of plaster we did this so when later on in the proses we can place the algernate mask in this and poor some thing like plaster of Paris in there and it will keep its shape because the plaster will become really hard when its dry
6/7 unfortunately at the start I added to much water in he powder alginate and when I tuck the mask of my face it was to sloppy and very flimsy but not in a good way it fell apart in my hands and I couldn’t really use it
it was I complete fail as now I know where I when wrong and know what I need to do next, and all so the plaster shell came out good and a looks like a serial mask

No comments:

Post a Comment