Tuesday 1 November 2011

tate

Last week when we visited Liverpool for the zee expedition we also visited Liverpool Tate gallery, it wasn’t really engaging as it is normally, I think we just mist an expedition or we when just before one but I did find some hidden gems that I found really interesting the first one I found was a moving sculpture it consisted of a bunch of tools like hammer’s, saws, screw drivers, motors and so on when you pressed the button they begin to interact with each other all most like a domino affect so when the motor starts up the saw starts to move side to side and raises the hammer and begins to tap the metal and the effects keep repeating. I like the mechanics of how thing work and in the past I have opened things up to see how they work but this peace is quite nice in the way its open and reveals the mechanism , its quite interesting in the way the each object relies on each other to make it move and also the irony of using the tool to create the sculpture, “unfortunately my memory card is not revealing any images but I will keep trying to find out the name of the peace ” another peace that I thought was interesting I know it has bin done a million times but I think it has a lot of potential it is a sculpture of a box with mirrors on the inside and holes so u can see in and it’s the illusion  of seeing infinity and I think that’s the reason of potential the depth of how far you can see and this could be quite nice in an video.  

No comments:

Post a Comment